Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Refashioning in the Hood

I did a quick little project yesterday that's been on my mind for a while, but, of course, hadn't gone any further.  Zoe has this simple little hoodie I picked up at Walmart for $7.50.  Very basic, good for the playground.  I took some gray/zebra burnout knit and made double-layered ruffles next to the zippers.  Here's the before and after:
 I'm super happy with the results.  I kind of want to add a ruffle around the edge of the hood, though. Once you start ruffling things, it's hard to stop!
I also made some more porch decor for the mushy love holiday.  I used some upcycled bottles that I had salted and spray painted to use at Christmas time.  I drew hearts with my glue gun and added fuzzy red yarn.  Super easy, took 5 minutes.

Sweet!  I am totally crushing on red and turquoise right now!  Have you made anything for Valentine's yet?  I'd love to see!  I'm linking my hoodie project to the linky party at The Train to Crazy!

1 comment: