Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

A "Green" Tea Party

Zoe and I just had a tea party.  :o)  We drank from fancy glasses and ate freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.  She is my little sidekick.  Zoe doesn't really care what we do or where we go, as long as she gets to be with her Mommy and help out.  She is such a sweet, loving, smart, silly little thing.  She constantly makes up songs, especially when someone around her is feeling down.  She sang to Luke the other day when he was feeling scared.  Sweet girl!
So back to our "tea" party.  We didn't actually have tea.  We had some super yummy and amazingly healthy juice that I made with  my new juicer! 
I was a SUPER picky eater as a kid.  I'm still kinda picky now, but I've definitely gotten a LOT better.  I literally went years without eating a single green food, and really didn't eat fruit too often. 
I'd say Zoe is my least picky eater.  She's the most willing to try something new, even if it looks different.  I've  found that I actually have to make sure I juice enough for both of us, as she always wants some of whatever I've made.  Her favorite is apple pear.  One large Honeycrisp apple and two pears.  Delish!
For our "tea," we had a lovely concoction of apple, lemon, and baby spinach.  You totally just read that right.  Spinach.  Juice.  Indeed. 
 I know, I know.  I'm weird.  Who drinks spinach?  THIS GIRL!  I do like to eat spinach in salads, but I've found that you can cram a lot more in when you're juicing than if you tried to sit down with a fork and eat it.  We used half of a brand new container of spinach in our juice, 1 whole lemon, and two and a half apples.  There's no way I could sit down and chew all of that, so I drink it instead.  A super boost of nutrition in 5 minutes! 



The lighting is all funky in here, so the picture doesn't really show how bright green this stuff is.  Did we eat cookies with our healthy juice?  Yah.  Do I feel bad about that?  Nope.  Know why?  Because my kid just guzzled a glass of what works out to be almost 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of veggies.  How many veggies has your kid had today?  :oP 

By the way, don't forget to enter the Rosettes are Red giveaway!!  A winner will be chosen next Sunday night!




No comments:

Post a Comment