Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

A "Love"-ly Wreath and a WiN!

Well, helloooooo there!  Happy Sunday to ya!  We had a great morning at church, followed by a relaxing afternoon.  Kids in quiet time, hubs snoozing on the couch, and me cleaning while rockin' to my 80s Pandora station.  
I even had time to change out the embellishments on my wreath to get ready for Valentine's Day.  Yeah, I know, I never did a Christmas wreath.  My porch was all kinds of boring...but, whatev...the inside of the house looked awesome. :o)
Here's my LOVE-ly wreath all cute and gracing my front door:
 I took some lace trim and pinned it every couple of inches, sticking the pin through a black button.
 I dumped out my button jar and selected just the right buttons:



I used some zippers to make hearts and added some little heart buttons. :o)


I then took some more buttons (see a theme here?) and strung them on crochet thread so they would dangle in the middle of the wreath.

I used some random rope trim I had (NO idea where it came from!) to hang the whole business.  The whole project took me about 30 minutes. 
As a side note, I must tell you that the dangly buttons needed a little support on the back to keep them straight.  I hot glued a toothpick to the back. :o)

And now, the moment we've all been waiting for:  The winner of the giveaway!!!
I used Random.org to choose the winning comment. 

WHOO HOO!!  Congratulations to Ashley, who said, "and I follow your blog now :) I thought I already was but I guess not..."

Shoot me an email at FiddleNBowBiz@gmail.com and you'll get your beautiful new necklace! :o)

1 comment: