Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Nom Nom Nom

Here are the recipes I promised!  Enjoy!
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients:
13 oz cooked, shredded chicken (I used canned because I didn't have any fresh. Fresh would be better!)
16 oz tub sour cream (I used light)
Shredded cheese (enough for a bit in each enchilada, plus enough to sprinkle generously over the whole pan)
small can diced green chilis
can cream of chicken soup
tortillas of choice (I used the smaller, flour kind)

Preheat oven to 350.   
Take shredded chicken and put in a bowl.  Add some shredded cheese and sour cream until you have the consistency you like.  I used maybe four ounces of sour cream...I think...I don't know..just throw some in there till it looks right. :o)
Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.  Spoon chicken mixture into tortillas, roll up, and line them up in the dish.  I did one row all the way across, then stuck some in sideways in the space left over.  You can pack them in tight if you want, but the sauce will cover each one better if you leave a little space in between. :o)
In a small saucepan, heat cream of chicken soup until warm, add 8 oz sour cream and can of chilis.  Stir until blended.  Pour over enchiladas and spread evenly.  
Sprinkle a whole mess of cheese over the whole thing.  Really pile it on there. 
Bake until cheese is bubbly and enchiladas are heated through.  
SuPeR yummy!  I got this recipe from a friend, and it's so simple, yet SO good!  I didn't take any pictures, so here's one I borrowed from the web:

We served this will a green salad, some Wholly Guacamole and chips.  Delish!  It was a big hit with everyone.  Even the kids tried a bite or two. :o)  This is a great dish for gatherings or to take to a friend.  We Baptists like to feed people. 
You know what else we like?  DESSERT.  Oh, my friends.  I am about to introduce you to a pan full of sweet goodness!  


Sopapilla Cheesecake
Ingredients:
2 cans of crescent rolls (I used reduced fat)
2 8 oz bricks of cream cheese, softened (I used neufchatel)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c sugar

Preheat oven to 350. 
Grease (or butter!) a 9 x 13 dish.  You can use a smaller dish if you like, your cheesecake will just be taller. ;o)
Spread one can of crescents in the dish to make the bottom crust, pinching seams to seal.  Whip cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.  Spread over crust.  Use other can of crescents to make the top crust, pinching seams to seal.  Then you need the following:
1/3 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c butter, melted
Drizzle melted butter over the whole thing and sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on top and bake for 20-25 minutes.  
AHHHH!  It's soooooooo good.  Too good.  Insanely good.  
Make some.  You won't be sorry.
 
yum

1 comment:

  1. made a version of these chicken enchiladas tonight. Thanks for the recipe. I've always wanted a sour cream sauce for enchiladas. It was delicious and super easy. I cooked the chicken in the crock pot all day, assembled, baked, and ate! Even Makenzie liked it and she's hard to please.

    ReplyDelete