Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Nothin' Says Lovin' Like Heart-Shaped Bacon


Somewhere, Martha Stewart's head is exploding, because my kitchen looks like this:

I love having a clean kitchen, but doing dishes seriously grosses me out.  I approach it in the same way I approach dirty diapers:  just hurry up and clean it, while trying not to think of what I might be sticking my hands in.

 My intention yesterday was to clean the kitchen after the kids went to bed.  Instead, I sat down "just for a minute" and PASSED OUT until after midnight.  Oops. 

By the time I post this, the mess will be long gone.  I'm not a barbarian, I promise. :)

Before I can clean, though, all my ducks must be in a row.  This is also true before I can pee, shower, think, make a phone call, finish a sentence, etc.  Can I get and "amen" on that one, mom peeps?
Here's what the ducks  were doing while I did dishes:

Littlest duck isn't mine, of course.  I take care of this little cutie during the week.  Sometimes it stresses me out, since it's like having a fourth child, but she's a doll and generally happy. 

Zoe drew a picture for her friend who lives down the street.  She thinks about her friends often and is always talking about them.  It's so sweet to see them together and listen to their little conversations.  I met my childhood bestie when I was 5 and we're still close now.  When she was done, we walked down the street so she could deliver it.  Her little friend was so excited!

Luke's new favorite thing to do after school is play the Wii.  I don't let him play for too long, but he really enjoys it, especially when he's doing well. :)

After the baby went home, I made breakfast for dinner for the kiddos:  heart-shaped pancakes and bacon, also heart-shaped! 

                                            
It was a hit!  Mike and I couldn't go out, so he went to the store and got a special dinner just for us: five cheese ravioli, garlic parmesan tomato sauce, fresh french bread, and salad. It was delicious. We put the kids in bed a little early, made a fire and ate next to it, using the piano bench as our table.  Nice, quiet, and just the two of us!  
I'm totally not doing the dishes until morning.  HA!
I hope your day was wonderful, too! 




1 comment:

  1. Uhhhhhh..... I seriously hate doing the dishes do. But as weird as it sounds, I'd rather change a dirty diaper than do the dishes! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete