Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Refashion-able

Allrighty then....it's about time for a crafty post on this crafty blog.  I have always been into reusing things.  I save ribbon and fabric scraps, just positive I'll use them in something one day...usually, I do use them....eventually.

There are so many awesome craft blogs out there in bloggyville...I LOVE reading them, being inspired by them, and learning new things from them!  In light of my husband's recent unemployment, I decided to try to refashion some of my kids' clothes in order to lengthen their shelf life.  The clothing, not the kids. :o)

Z  had this perfectly good 24-month black turtleneck onesie in her dresser.   It had become a bit short through the body, and Z (having just turned 3) has decided that "big girls don't wear shirts that snap."  I had seen a tutorial on Ruffles and Stuff and decided to try it out with this onesie.  I cut straight across just above the leg holes, then added two "skirts" made from some pink fabric I had left over from another project.  I love upcycling!  I ended up with this:


Cute, but it just needed a little somethin' somethin'.  So I added a fabric flower to one side at the waist.


Ta-daaaaa!  Z wore it the next day, but has now decided that it needs short sleeves...so I guess I'm not done with it yet.  Not bad for a beginning sew-er, huh?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment